Provecta Advanced is a 5-way parasite treatment for dogs. It kills and repels ticks, all life stages of fleas, and mosquitoes on contact before they bite and cause problems for your dog. It also repels biting flies and kills chewing lice. Provecta Advanced provides one full month of protection for your dog in a convenient monthly application. It’s fragrance-free and waterproof formula contains insecticides imidacloprid and permethrin, as well as an insect growth regulator pyriproxyfen. Effective against deer ticks, American dog ticks, brown dog ticks, and lone star ticks. Provecta comes in four sizes and is for use in dogs and puppies 7 weeks or older.
- Kills and repels fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes
- Repels flies & kills lice
- No biting required
- Convenient, monthly topical application contains imidacloprid, permethrin and pyriproxyfen; available in packs of 4 treatments.
DO NOT USE ON CATS. Do not get this product in dog’s eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rate, may occur after using ANY pesticide product on dogs. If signs persist, or become severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product. Keep out of reach of children.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet’s coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
How to open:
- Be sure tube is at bottom of pouch.
- Using scissors, cut the pouch across the top and remove tube.
How to apply:
- Use only on dogs.
- Remove applicator tube from the package. Use scissors and peel down foil.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
- Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
- The dog should be standing for easy application. The entire contents of the Provecta Advanced tube should be applied evenly on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog.
- Discard empty tube.
- In cases of severe pest infestations, re-treatment is allowable earlier than 4 weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every 7 days. After pest control is attained, return to a monthly re-treatment schedule.