About VETORYL® Capsules (trilostane)
VETORYL® Capsules (trilostane) is a prescription medication prescribed to aid in your dog’s treatment of hyperadrenocorticism—also known as Cushing’s Disease. This medication treats both pituitary-dependent and adrenal-dependent cases, and controls the excess production of cortisol caused by the disease.
VETORYL® Capsules (trilostane) are the only FDA approved treatment available for both pituitary-dependent hyperadrenocorticism (PDH) and adrenal-dependent hyperadrenocorticism (ADH) in the United States. Although the daily administration of VETORYL Capsules does not offer a medical cure for Cushing’s syndrome, it may allow the disease to be managed successfully, enhancing the dog’s vitality and quality of life.
A Few Facts about VETORYL Capsules:
- VETORYL Capsules contain trilostane, which selectively, and reversibly, inhibits the enzyme 3βs-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, which is involved in the synthesis of several steroids including cortisol and aldosterone
- At recommended dose rates, VETORYL Capsules tend to have a more selective effect on glucocorticoid production, however the potential inhibition of aldosterone must always be borne in mind by the attending clinician
- VETORYL Capsules reduce circulating cortisol levels, leading to improvement in many of the clinical signs of HAC
- VETORYL Capsules provide flexible and accurate dosing with five strengths, 5 mg, 10 mg, 30 mg, 60 mg and 120 mg capsules, allowing you to restore the dog’s vitality by reducing the clinical signs associated with HAC
- Available in blister packs of 30 capsules for ease of dispensing.
Showing the single result